Saturday, July 10, 2010

Before & After

Well...........here it is! The dreaded before and after pics ;)
Finally! An after pic that I can be proud of and show people! So many times I started these "challenges" and took so many before pics and progress pics and I have never been able to do that after photo, well here it is and I am proud of it!
I should have done it in the same bikini in the same position to get the same effect, but you can tell the differences.
I've never really been considered overweight, just had a little extra bit of padding there. It was enough for me that I wasn't comfortable wearing certain clothes and I wasn't happy with what I saw in the mirror. It's not a huge noticeable difference like many of the other amazing before and after stories out there, but there's enough of a difference to show that if you really step up in your training and clean eating you can get some great results!

My goal was to weigh between 52 and 55kg for the photoshoot, and I did it! The morning of the shoot I weighed in at 55.6kg, which was a loss of 5.6kg in 8 weeks. I've NEVER had results like these before! It's always been 1 kilo here and there, then I would move on to the next quick fix.

Nicky taught me that it's not a quick fix, it's a lifestyle change. It's all about eating really clean Monday to Friday, then enjoying the foods I love on the weekends. Not going overboard, just having a little to satisfy my sweet tooth and not un-do all the hard work of the week before. Consistent training is the key too, and that's something I've always lacked in, would go hard at it for one week, then only do 1 or 2 days the next week. It's about making exercise a priority and doing it everyday!

So after a week of relaxed training and eating I trained with Nicky this morning..........and boy did I pay for the food I ate this week! There was a couple of times there I felt like I was going to be sick. So next time I go looking for that chocolate, I need to remember how I felt this morning and just fuel my body with nice clean foods that are not only going to make me feel good and look good, but they are going to help with my training.

Back into it full swing next week. After training this morning I have realised the crap food isn't worth it and I have never felt as fit and healthy as I did the last few weeks before the photoshoot. So I am going to continue following Nic's advice and make this a lifestyle change, not just a "photoshoot diet".

Ladies, if you want to change your life and need some help, I can't recommend Nicky enough! She herself lives and breathes the healthy lifestyle! She talks the talk and walks the walk, what more could you ask for? She has studied her butt off and has such a passion for helping others that there's unlikely to be a question that she can't answer! She also has a fantastic website with some awesome information on it under "Fit Tips" or you can join her forum and ask questions which she will personally answer.
Here is the link: http://www.nickyjankovic.com/
Check her out!!!!!!

So here it is, my before and after pic :) Just a candid shot that Dallas took while I was waiting in the water freeeeeeezing my butt off!!!





Here's another favourite beach photo of mine:


6 comments:

  1. You should be so proud of what you have achieved!

    You are so right about consistency and perseverence. It really is the only way to great long term results.

    I really look forward to setting a challenge like this for myself some time in the fairly distant future ;)

    Hugs!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. You should SO do some LJ modelling now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work! Great pics too...love that running shot for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! You look awesome babe, you should be so proud of yourself. Catch you Saturday! I will look forward to our classes every week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I love you Loz, I have to disagree with you on thing.
    You said"
    I've never really been considered overweight, just had a little extra bit of padding there. It was enough for me that I wasn't comfortable wearing certain clothes and I wasn't happy with what I saw in the mirror. It's not a huge noticeable difference like many of the other amazing before and after stories out there, but there's enough of a difference to show that if you really step up in your training and clean eating you can get some great results!"
    One thing with us women is that we judge ourselves too much. You have made amazing- HUGE- lesapsd and bounds, not just physically (dropping body fat) but gaining muscle, strengthening your mind and emotions and still being the FABULOUS you that you have always been! It's been a pleasure and honour to watch you evolve in to the string, beautiful woman that you have always been- just new and improved ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrr... still have my photo nails on! I'm sure you'll disipher my typos ;-)

    ReplyDelete