Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What now?

For so many weeks before the photoshoot I had a reason to eat clean, I had a reason to train hard. I had something to work towards and I had a goal.

Now I kind of feel down and low and question why do I need to continue? I have gained so much more respect for competitors. They do what I did for many more weeks and they do it harder. Strong, strong women!

I hate thinking like this too, cause why do I need a reason? Why do I need a goal? Isn't "because I like to look like this" or "because I like to feel like this" or "because I deserve a healthy life" enough of good reasons?

I need to shift my mindset that this is a long term lifestyle change and it's ok to relax a little cause the level of training and what I was eating is not sustainable year round.

I am only human though, and like many others I do find myself being goal driven. So that brings me to the question.................what now?

Time to find a new goal............

2 comments:

  1. You know, hon, I've read a few times that one of the major impediments to permanent change or weight loss/fitness success is short-term goals i.e. the person who decides they want to be a size 8 for their wedding, starves themselves, exercises 5 hours a day, and then when it's all over, gains back all 20kg they've lost or whatever. But I don't think this will happen to you because you're recognising it. You're right - health SHOULD be a good enough reason. But I'm sure you will figure out a way to make it enough. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey chicky babe. I know this comment is a little delayed but I've been a bit AWOL from blogging until now :)

    You know, it's not a bad thing to want to set another goal. EVERYONE is constantly aiming to improve themselves and reach higher goals. After all, how do we grow as human beings? We don't grow by staying the same... I'm sure you are happy with what you have achieved and you shoud be, you have done SO well gorgeous, but setting yourself a new goal now is a great thing. Something new to focus on, something to motivate you. We all do it and it's what drives us to keep going and to keep aiming to be better each day. Can't wait to hear what your new goal is. Hope to see you again soon xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete